If you are looking for an innovative design with reliable performance, Haier is the solution to your needs. The brand’s portable air conditioners are among the best sellers on the market. It is available in different sizes and BTUs to match various needs and demands.
This portable air conditioner has a very user-friendly design with remote control. It also comes with an in-built dehumidifier in all six sizes available in this model.
In this in-depth review, we will discuss the merits and demerits of this Haier portable air conditioner to assist you in your buying decision.
|✅ Pros||❌ Cons|
|Available in six different sizes.||The unit is a bit loud.|
|Comes with an inbuilt dehumidifier.|
|Operable with a remote controller.|
|Auto evaporative technology.|
Things to Consider Before Buying a Portable Air Conditioner
- User-friendliness. If you are looking for a portable air conditioner, you don’t need to look elsewhere. Haier brings you its quality unit that is user-friendly and extremely simple to install. You won’t have to drain the water as it will handle everything on its own. Just install it to your window and forget the rest.
- Size. You will have to consider the right choice when it comes to size. This unit is available in six different sizes. You also need to think about whether you require any smart features or want to go with a more straightforward functioning unit.
- Dehumidifier. The best part is that you will get an in-built dehumidifier in each of these sizes. So, it’s going to control the temperature and air quality in your space. If that is not your preference and need a simple unit, look for other units that don’t come with an inbuilt dehumidifier.
- Noise. Most of the Haier air conditioner reviews mentioned that it’s a noisy little unit. So, if you are specifically looking for a very quiet unit, the Haier portable air conditioners are not the right option for you.
When looking for a portable air conditioner, you need to ask a few questions to make the right decision.
- What size of a portable air conditioner do you need?
- Do you need any smart features or Wi-Fi capabilities?
- Do you have to manage/drain water, and how frequently?
- Should you prefer price over quality?
- Do you need an in-built dehumidifier?
- What seasons are you going to use it for?
- Do you have an internal heating/cooling system?
- Are you looking for a unit that comes with a good warranty?
- How portable do you want your unit to be?
Why You Should Consider Haier Portable Air Conditioner
The Haier portable air conditioner is available in six different sizes. And they all are suitable for other spaces. The 13500-BTU size is best suited for spaces up to 550 sq. ft. It means this unit will work well in all medium-sized bedrooms, dining halls, and lounges.
Another model is available with the same size but comes with Wi-Fi capability. You can connect it with a designated smartphone app called the SmartHQ app.
Therefore, you can conveniently connect it with your smartphone and operate it even when you are not home. This unit is better suited for people with busy schedules or if you are looking to remotely control the unit in your kids’ room from outside the house.
Then, there is a 13,000-BTU size available that can cover a slightly smaller room up to 500 sq. ft. in size. The Haier 12,000-BTU portable air conditioner, Haier 10,000-BTU portable air conditioner, and Haier 8500 BTU portable air conditioner are other sizes available here.
These units are suitable for rooms of up to 400 sq. ft., 300 sq. ft. and 250 sq. ft. All these units come with dehumidifiers, and they all have a design that makes them very comfortable to move.
3-in-1 unit design
All the sizes come with a 3-in-1 design where they also have an in-built dehumidifier and fan modes to guarantee optimal and flexible home comfort. Hence, you can conveniently use your unit throughout the year, irrespective of the size.
The different fan modes allow you to use the unit to moderate the temperature of your room. If you want to control the humidifier levels during those wet days, turn on the dehumidifier to keep everything fresh inside your room to prevent mold and mildew development.
Auto evaporative feature
All six sizes available in this Haier portable air conditioner come with a special feature called auto evaporative technology. With this technology, your unit can completely evaporate water in most room conditions, and you won’t have to empty or drain any buckets whatsoever.
We have mentioned above that Haier air conditioner portable units are easy to operate. The main reason behind that is all sizes in this model come with a digital thermostat that is very simple to use and understand.
You can set the temperature in your room. The unit will automatically turn off on its own and help you save some utility costs.
The Haier portable air conditioner also comes with an in-built 24-hour timer, and you can use it to prevent the unit from shutting itself off. Therefore, your unit will continue to run for optimal performance for the set time or the entire day.
Just set it and forget it, and the portable AC will take care of maintaining the temperature and humidity of your room on its own.
All six sizes of this model come with remote control. All the controls are digital and are clear to understand while using the remote as well.
You don’t have to get close to the unit and use the controls. Just press the button where you are sitting, and your portable AC will follow your commands.
Installation is the part that most customers tend to forget when overly concerned about the features. While features and controls are essential, you must also consider how a unit can be installed.
The simpler it is, the better, and this unit is no different either. All the sizes come with their respective kits, making your life easier. You can easily install the unit without any professional help.
Is there a vent on the top that you can open?
Yes, all the sizes, excluding the 8500-BTU, come with a vent on top that you can open or close with the help of remote control.
Do I have to drain the water from this unit?
No, you won’t have to drain the water from this unit, thanks to its auto evaporation technology. With this technology, the unit can evaporate any amount of water within the room and will keep it dry and comfortable for you till you need it.
How frequently do I need to clean the air filters?
You need to clean the air filters frequently to make sure the unit keeps performing at its best. Based on the daily hours if used, you need to clean it regularly.
For instance, if you use the unit for up to 10 hours daily, you will have to clean the filter every three to four days.
Does this unit come on wheels?
Yes, this unit does come on wheels (4 of them), and these wheels can conveniently roll on different surfaces, even on the carpets. These wheels will allow you to drag and move your unit from one room to another.
All in all, the Haier portable air conditioner is a great choice for anyone who is looking for a portable AC for a small to medium-sized space.
Whether you are using AC for the first time or using them for many years, you need to go for a unit designed to keep your desired space cool. The controls should be straightforward to use and understand.
If you think that the Haier portable air conditioner is the right choice, click here to buy.